Thursday, August 03, 2023

On This Day in Family History - August 3

 George E Adams was born 03 August 1859 in Van Buren County, Michigan


George Adams was married to Kate Ford. Kate was a sister of my great-grandmother Nancy Ford Thomas. I never met George or Kate, but I remember hearing folks talk about "Uncle George and Aunt Kate." They did not have any children. At some point in their lives they lived with Aunt Effie and Uncle Harry Wieland (who also didn't have any children). Effie was Kate's niece, a sister of my grandfather Bill Thomas. 

The only other picture I have of Uncle George is a group photo --
Photo L-R: George Adams, Christie Thomas, Bill Thomas (my dad, Richard, in front of him), Kate Ford Adams (in front), Harry Wieland... I don't know the other man and woman. On the back of the photo is written "Mabel and Bill S" (I think it could be relatives of Harry Wieland). This picture would have been taken sometime around 1940.

George Adams died in 1945. Kate Adams died in 1853.

Somewhere in all the family history information I read that George Adams was a direct descendant of John Quincy Adams, but I have not been able to verify it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.