Tuesday, August 01, 2023

On This Day in Family History - August 1

Martha Elizabeth 'Lizza' Evans Byrd was born 01 August 1860


She was the daughter of my great-great-great-grandmother Jane Evans Carter. 
Photo: Ned Jonas Carter, Jane Evans Carter

When Jane married my great-great-great-grandfather Ned Jonas Carter, she had two children from a previous marriage -- Lizza and Joe. (So Lizza was a half-sister to my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold, mother of Annie Arnold Hicks).

Photo: Lizza Byrd and her half-sister Adaline Carter Arnold

Photo: Lizza's brother, Joe Evans

Lizza Evans married Russ Byrd, and they had three children.
Photo: Russ and Lizza Byrd with children James, Oscro, and Ethel

Cousins Ethel Byrd, right (the baby in the photo above), and my great-great-aunt Etta Arnold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.