Sunday, August 06, 2023

On This Day in Family History - August 6

 Bertha Ann 'Annie' Arnold Hicks died  06 August 1972, age 79

Annie was my great-grandmother.


Cienda Agnes Brown Herdman died 06 August 1938, age 81

The Herdmans were related to the Treat family by marriage. The Treat family was related to the Thomas family by the marriage of Christie Treat to my grandfather Bill Thomas.


Etta Marie Carter Derryberry died 06 August 2006, age 88

The Carter family was related to the Arnold family by the marriage of my great-great-grandparents Adaline Carter and John Henry Arnold. Their daughter Annie married my great-grandfather Ulysses Hicks 


Herbert Hicks was born 06 August 1896 in Arkansas

Photo L-R: Mr. Moore, Herbert Hicks, Ulysses Hicks (my great-grandfather). Cropped from a larger picture of Herbert Hicks' garage in Bald Knob, Arkansas.

Herbert Hicks was a nephew of Ulysses Hicks -- son of Ulys' brother Pinkney. I don't know who Mr. Moore was.

Joan Frances Arnold Hays was born 06 August 1923 in Arkansas

Joan was a daughter of George Arnold, brother of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks.

Seth William Gard was born 06 August 1829 in Illinois

The Gards were related to the Gibsons by the marriage of  Adaline Lucretia Gard and Asa Gibson. The Gibsons were related to the Burfords by the marriage of Asa's daughter Lora Gibson and Alexander Burford.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.