Thursday, January 20, 2022

Carter/Arnold reunion 1990

 

My grandmother and her siblings: Ruby, Irene, Olan, Evalee, Bernice, and Cleffie.
Six of the nine Hicks siblings at the reunion in 1990. Olan and Ruby both lived in Searcy, Arkansas, at the time. Irene lived in Missouri. Evalee and Bernice lived in Michigan. Cleffie lived in California.
*     *     *
I was not present at the reunion that year. These photographs came from my mother and Cleffie. There is a little bit of confusion in my mind about exactly which pictures are from the Carter/Arnold reunion and which ones may be from another reunion. This page of the album has Evalee but not Vernell. Some of the other pictures in this set have Vernell but not Evalee. They had stopped having the reunion at Pine Grove cemetery and started having it at the public park in Heber Springs, so I don't recognize the venue or the buildings where some of these pictures were taken. I don't know for sure if they were all taken on the same occasion or two different occasions. They were all taken in 1990 or thereabouts, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.