Sunday, December 26, 2021

Post-holiday quandary

 My next book, I think, is going to be similar to what I've been posting this month -- family photos centered around "occasions" like Christmas, Easter, marriages & anniversaries, etc. I've run out of family stories written by other family members, and I'm too lazy to write my own, apparently. But I still have a bunch of photographs I'd really like to share with whoever might be interested in looking at them. 

So, anyway... What to do here on the blog in the meantime? Well, I have all these photo albums I've put together. Several of them have been scanned. And then after I scanned them I started making digital versions of the scanned album pages with a scrapbook app that I have on my computer. So what I think I'm going to do now is post some of those scrapbook/album pages. Whaddya think?

I'll start with the "Reunions" album. This album consists of pictures from the annual Carter/Arnold reunion in Arkansas, ranging from 1984 - 1994, along with one or two Hicks family reunions, and some Judsonia school reunions. 


I'm not sure if this was actually part of the Hicks family reunion in 1974, or if this little excursion was separate from that. But anyway, this is my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford with her two older sisters, Ruby and Irene, and a cousin of theirs, Viola Sandefur Solomon. They went to the place that was -- according to what's written on the backs of the pictures -- Annie and Ulys Hicks' first house after they were married. They were married in 1910. The house is near Banner, Arkansas. Here are a couple of other pictures of the same occasion --

Photo L-R: Cleffie, Ruby, unknown woman, Viola. (I don't know who the other woman is. I think she is not a family member, but someone who lives near where this house was.)

Photo: Ruby and unknown woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.