Tuesday, November 28, 2023

On This Day in Family History - November 28

Ethelyn Hurlbut married Lorn Woods 28 November 1912

Photo: Etta Thomas and Myrick Henry Hurlbut with their children Ethelyn and Cecil
(I don't have a picture of Lorn Wood, and I don't have an adult picture of Ethelyn)
Etta Thomas was a sister of my great-grandfather Charles Thomas

Jackson Tamsett was born 28 November 1847

Jackson was the husband of Sarah Tamsett They were the parents of Amy, who married John Martin Carter, and Jessie, who married George Arnold. Sarah Tamsett was the midwife who attended the birth of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford. Jackson Tamsett's sister Josie married George Bullard. George and his sister Peggy raised their nephew, my great-great-grandfather John Henry Arnold. (So the Tamsetts and Bullards have multiple connections to the Carter and Arnold branches of our family tree.)

Mary Elizabeth Carter married Lewis Calvin Dunn 28 November 1875

Photo: Mary Elizabeth Carter Dunn. I don't have a picture of Lewis Calvin Dunn.

Photo: Mary Elizabeth Carter Dunn with her youngest daughter Lillie.

Paul Rhoades was born 28 November 1918 

I don't have a picture of Paul Rhoades. Well, maybe I do. I'm not sure. The photo below is Abner Rhoades, the father of Paul Rhoades. Abner had six sons - Noah, Silas, Naaman, Paul, Hosea, and John.

Here is a picture that is labeled "Abner Rhoades' boys"

I don't know if either of these would be Paul.

Here is a photo labeled "Aunt Margaret Rhoades and some of hers" 
These would undoubtedly be grandsons, but I have no idea which of her 17 grandsons they would be.

(Margaret Carter Rhoades was the mother of Abner Rhoades. She was a sister of Mary Elizabeth Carter Dunn in the previous photo. They were half-sisters of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold. The person who wrote "Aunt Margaret Rhoades and some of hers" on the back of the photo was my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.