Thursday, November 02, 2023

On This Day in Family History - November 1

Sarah E Tamsett was born 01 November 1850

Sarah was the midwife who attended the birth of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford in 1917.

Sarah was the mother of Jessie Tamsett, who married George Ned Arnold - the brother of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks (Cleffie's mother).
Photo: Ulysses and Annie Arnold Hicks, George Arnold and Jessie Tamsett. Photo was taken in 1910.

Sarah was also the mother of Amy Tamsett, who married John Martin Carter, brother of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold (Annie's mother). 
Photo: John Martin Carter, Amy Tamsett Carter

Photo: Adaline Carter Arnold

Sarah was also the mother of Albert Tamsett. So far as I know, Albert did not marry any of our relatives. But I have a picture of him, which I'm sure was taken by my great-grandfather Ulysses Hicks. Papa Hicks was a professional photographer in Judsonia, Arkansas.

So... the Tamsett family married into both the Arnold and Carter branches of our family tree, as well as the Bullard branch. The Bullards were related to us through my great-great-grandfather John Henry Arnold, whose mother was Emma Bullard. (I don't have a picture of Emma.)
Photo: John Henry Arnold and Adaline Carter Arnold (my great-great-grandparents)

Emma's brother George Bullard married Josephine Tamsett -- who was the sister of Sarah Tamsett's husband Jackson Tamsett.  
Photo: George and Josie Tamsett Bullard with their daughter Leona.

Photo: Jackson and Sarah Tamsett

*   *   *

And here's a picture of me tracing the branches of the family tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.