Wednesday, November 22, 2023

On This Day in Family History - November 22

Renue Thomas married Erwin Leslie Wells 22 November 1920


I have several pictures of Aunt Renue and Uncle Erwin. Some of them are not labeled, so I'm just guessing, judging by what they look like in other pictures. I'm pretty sure I must have met Aunt Renue in my early childhood, but I don't remember her or Erwin.

Photo L-R: Bill and Christie Thomas (my grandparents), Mel and Alta Thomas, Erwin and Renue Thomas Wells. Renue and Bill and Mel are siblings.



The woman on the right in this photo I believe is Aunt Kate (Ford) Adams.
She was the sister of my great-grandmother Nancy Thomas (Renue's mother).

The back of this photo says "Grand Rapids June 26, 1939, State Conv VFW"
I don't know who the other woman is.

This picture is labeled 1954 (the year I was born). This might have been taken at their house on Washington Street, Hartford, Michigan.


Then there's this enigma...
This photo is labeled "Renue & Irwin Wells" -- but I am not sure the man in this picture is Uncle Erwin. There is another picture that goes with this one...
There's nothing written on the back of this photo, but I believe the man on the left is Uncle Erwin. I don't know who the other man is, nor the woman (girl?) on the right, nor the little boy. 
Any ideas, Aunt Eileen? Jerry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.