Tuesday, November 21, 2023

On This Day in Family History - November 21

Jackie Dallas "Jack" Treat was born 21 November 1932 in Illinois

Jack was the son of John and Mabel Treat (John was the brother of my grandmother Christie Treat Thomas)


Jerline Cooper Jackson was born 21 November 1925 in Arkansas

Jerline was the wife of Calvin Jackson. (Calvin was the son of Etta Arnold Jackson, sister of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks)

Melvin Eugene Baker was born 21 November 1930 in Arkansas

Melvin was the son of Agnes Carter and Elmer Sidney Baker
Agnes was the daughter of John Martin Carter (brother of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold)

Nellie Jane Searcy married Eugene Robert Spain 21 November 1934

Photo: Nellie Jane is 2nd from right
Nellie Jane was the daughter of Edith Burford (Edith was a half-sister to my grandfather Lester Burford)

Marion Carroll Thomas died 21 November 1985 age 80

This is the only picture I have of Marion. She was the wife of Russell Thomas. Russell was the son of Roy Thomas (see below). Roy was the brother of my grandfather Bill Thomas.

Roy Thomas died 21 November 1947 age 65

Roy and his wife Mabel had four children - Russell, Georganna, Helen, and Ruth
I don't know which of those are the ones in these photos. (Maybe Eileen or Jerry can help me identify them?)

This picture is not labeled, but it looks like Roy Thomas to me. No idea who the little girl would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.