Sunday, April 09, 2023

On This Day in Family History - April 9

 Flossie A. Scowden Parker was born 09 April 1897

This is the only picture I have of her.

Aunt Flossie was the wife of Earl Dallas Parker. Earl was the uncle of my grandmother Christie Treat Thomas. He was the brother of my great-grandmother Massie Parker Treat.
Earl Dallas Parker was an attorney for several years and was elected to the Ohio House of Representatives. He later became a judge and served on the bench of Columbus, Ohio, for 12 years.

Earl lost his arm at a young age in a sawmill accident. In spite of this, he became an excellent trap shooter.
Every summer in my childhood I went with Grandma and Grandpa Thomas to Ohio to visit Grandma's relatives. We usually went to Waverly to see Uncle Earl and Aunt Flossie if they were home. The most specific memory I have of Aunt Flossie was sitting out in her back yard in lawn chairs and she found a four leaf clover. She had a knack for spotting them just sitting in her chair looking at the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.