Monday, April 17, 2023

On This Day in Family History - April 17

Abner Samuel Rhoades married Julia Anna Leu 17 April 1910

Abner was a son of Margaret Carter Rhoades
(Margaret was a half-sister of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.)
*   *   *
Abner married Julia Anna Leu and they had seven children - Noah, Silas, Naaman, Paul, Hosea, Julia Leu, and John David
 
I don't have a picture of Julia Rhoades, and I don't have any specific pictures of their children, although I have a picture of "Abner Rhoades' boys"

I also have a picture of "Aunt Margaret Rhoades and some of hers"
I don't know if these are Abner's sons or not, but she looks too old for them to be her own sons, so they are probably grandsons. They could be sons of Abner or sons of some of Margaret's other children (she had at least 10 other grandsons, besides Abner's sons).
*   *   *
Note: the boy on the right in the photo above looks an awful lot like one of Margaret's grandsons whose FindAGrave memorial features his mugshot...
This is Hardy Echels Ford - son of Margret Rhoades' daughter Rosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.