Saturday, April 08, 2023

On This Day in Family History - April 8

 All the occasions on my list for April 8th are on my dad's side of the family --

Dwaine M Rice died 08 Apr 2006 (age 84)

Dwaine was the brother of Eileen Rice Thomas (wife of my dad's brother Bernarde Thomas)

*   *   *

Etta Eunice Thomas Hurlbut was born 08 April 1866

Etta was the sister of my great-grandfather Charles H. Thomas

*   *   *

Josephine G Frost Miller born 08 April 1904

I don't have a picture of Josephine. She was the daughter-in-law of John J. Miller. The Millers were a prominent family in the history of Bangor, Michigan. They were connected to our family by marriage when Alice Ford married Dale Miller in 1874.

*   *   *

Marcus Treat married Massie Parker 08 April 1896

Massie and Marcus were my great-grandparents -- parents of my grandmother Christie Treat Thomas.

*   *   *

Ruth Eleanor Till married Edward Gus Heinze 08 April 1947

Ruth was the daughter of Madge and Leonard Till. Madge was the sister of my grandmother Christie Treat Thomas.

*   *   *

Leonard Carl Richard Till died 1968
Leonard was the husband of Madge Treat Till (my grandmother's sister). He died of injuries from an automobile accident in 1968. (I should remember that, but I don't.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.