Monday, April 03, 2023

On This Day in Family History - April 2

 Edmund A Ramelow was born 02 April 1889

I don't have a picture of him. I have a picture of his wife and children.


Viola ('Ola') Hicks Romalow was the daughter of David Hicks.
David Hicks was a brother of my great-grandfather Ulysses Hicks
Hicks brothers - Ulysses, Felix, Pinkney, David

David married Belle Hindman and they had 2 children -- John Timothy and Mary Viola.

   Viola married Edward Ramelow. (All legal records I can find, including his death certificate, spell it Ramelow, although the family records call it Romalow.) Edward was born in Germany, and was a brickmason by trade. 
   Viola and Edward had at least 3 children that I know of (because I have their death certificates). However, those 3 children were born 5 or 6 years apart -- and the children in the photo above do not appear to be that far apart in age, so I assume they had more than 3 children, but I don't know who the others are. The 3 who died were Hazel, Harold, and Harvey. 
   Hazel was born in 1917. She married Everett J. Williams. Hazel died at age 20 from pneumonia complicated by pregnancy with eclampsia. (I don't know if she gave birth or not before she died.)
   Harold was born in 1923 and died at age 6 from infection of a puncture wound from stepping on a nail.
   Harvey was born in 1938 and died at age 3 from gangrene/toxemia from stomatitis (an infection in the mouth).
   Viola died in 1935, at age 44, from meningitis.
   Edward died in 1955, at age 82, from pulmonary embolism. His death certificate lists him as a widower, so it's possible he never married again after Viola died.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.