Thursday, April 06, 2023

On This Day in Family History - April 6

 Marion Carroll Jackson Allender was born 06 April 1940


Carol is the daughter of 'Aunt Ettie' (Etta) Arnold Jackson and Ben Jackson.
Photo: Etta and Ben Jackson with their first 2 children Alvis and Wincel.

They had six children - Alvis, Wincel, Calvin, Dulcie Mae, Coy, and Carol. (Our family records spell it Carroll, but I have a card with her own signature and she spells it Carol.)
 
I only have one other picture of Carol Jackson
Carol's mother (Aunt Ettie) died when Carol was 5 years old. She looks older than 5 in this picture, so I don't know who the woman is. On the back of the picture it says "Ben's (Jackson) wife and Carrol Jackson". I don't know who wrote it, but I haven't found any record or indication that Ben ever married again after Ettie died. His FindAGrave memorial doesn't mention any other spouse for him.

Carol Jackson married Norman Allender in 1956. I don't know if they had any children. The only thing I know about them is that they were missionaries in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.