Sunday, July 17, 2022

Family History Miscellaneous album, page 79


Back of this postcard says "For Jessie, this is mellion eating time"
That's all I know about it. George Arnold's wife was named Jessie, but I have no idea if that is George in the photo or not.

Elmer Carter 
John and Amy Carter's son. John Carter was a brother to my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold. His wife was Amy Tamsett -- sister to George Arnold's wife Jessie. (John was George's uncle -- so George's aunt was his wife's sister.... Somehow or another, if you extrapolate that out, George might end up being his own grandpaw.)*🎵

Eldred Deamer Arnold 
He was the son of Marlie and Birdie Arnold
Here's what Annie wrote about him:

Marlie had eight children, four boys and four girls.  The first child (a boy) died at a few hours old.  The oldest boy that lived had something wrong.  He had fits after he was a few months old.  They got worse as long as he lived.  He died in bed one night about the age of 23 years. 


Cleffie Hicks (right) with friend Tressie Woodworth

*   *   *

🎵Now, many many years ago, When I was twenty three

I was married to a widow, Who was pretty as could be

This widow had a grown-up daughter, Had hair of red

My father fell in love with her, And soon the two were wed

This made my dad my son-in-law, And changed my very life

My daughter was my mother, 'Cause she was my father's wife

To complicate the matters, Even though it brought me joy

I soon became the father, Of a bouncing baby boy

My little baby then became, A brother-in-law to dad

And so became my uncle, Though it made me very sad

For if he was my uncle, That also made him the brother

Of the widow's grown-up daughter, Who, of course, was my step-mother

My father's wife then had a son, That kept them on the run

And he became my grandchild, For he was my daughter's son

My wife is now my mother's mother, And it makes me blue

Because, she is my wife, She's my grandmother too

Now, if my wife is my grandmother, Then, I am her grandchild

And every time I think of it, It nearly drives me wild

For now I have become The strangest case you ever saw

As husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa!🎵



-- Songwriters: Moe Jaffe / D.B. Latham


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.