Wednesday, December 03, 2025

'Tis the Season

'Tis the Season

Well, I've about come to the end of my dad's memoirs. I think I'll turn my attention to Ghosts of Christmas Past...

Let's see if I can do it house by house (because we moved every few years when I was growing up).

307 Union Street, Bangor, Michigan
We lived in this house from 1956 - 1961 (and then again briefly in 1963). This is the first house I have memories of.


How we sent cards before the internet

If I'm not mistaken, that's a fondue pot on the coffee table. 

On the left side is a bowl of walnuts, I think. There would be a nutcracker and pick in or beside that bowl. What it's sitting on is my mother's Singer treadle sewing machine.

My dad built the room divider between the living room and dining room.

My mother painted the Santa Claus picture.

That's Bernarde and Eileen and Kim, and Grandma and Grandpa Thomas, and Mom and me and Rick.



PHOTOS: Christmases 1958, 1959, 1960

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.