After we lived in the Haver Street house I graduated from high school and went to college in Arkansas. My parents and my brother John moved into a house on Linden Street in Hartford. (I think Rick was living with Grandma and Grandpa Thomas.)
I only have one picture of a Christmas in the Linden Street house. I was home from college for the holidays. We always spent Christmas Eve with my dad's family, and in 1973 it was our turn to have it at our house. The main thing I remember about that night was that we got a phone call for Aunt Eileen (who was at our house). We all knew what it was about -- Eileen's brother, Dale Rice, had been in the hospital for several days, for injuries he sustained in an automobile accident. He was not expected to survive. The phone call, of course, was to give Aunt Eileen the sad news that Dale had passed away.
I don't remember spending any other Christmases at that house. I was usually on tour with the college choir during the holidays, for the annual Christian College Choral Festival.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment
You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.