After we moved out of the Bangor house (the first time) we rented a house on Linden Street in Hartford, next door to Chuck and Laure Hafer. I don't guess we even had a Christmas in that house, because we moved right at Christmas time, so we probably had Christmas in the Bangor house. If so, we didn't take any pictures. That would have been 1961. We only lived in the house on Linden Street for a few months. I don't remember why we moved again so soon.
This is the house we lived in on Linden Street. I was in 2nd grade. This is what the house looked like in 1992.
This is Ricky, sitting on the front steps. I don't have any other pictures of the house while we lived there.
So...
The next house where we had Christmas was a tiny 4-room house near Van Auken Lake (between Hartford and Bangor). I was in 3rd grade. That was one of the worst winters we had when I was a kid -- and we were WAY out in the country, so we were snowed-in part of the time.
This picture was taken in 1992. When we lived there (1962-63), only the center section of the house was there. It has had an extension added on one end and a porch on the other since then. It was on a 1-acre lot on the corner of 66th Street and 42nd Avenue -- which sounds like it should be in the middle of a big city, huh? We had a Hartford address and phone number, but were in the Bangor school district. We rode the bus to school, and it was a long ride, especially in the winter.
In the summer of 1963 we moved back to the Bangor house because we had rented it out, and the people who moved in absolutely wrecked the place. So we moved back there temporarily so Dad could do all the repairs that had to be done.





No comments:
Post a Comment
You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.