Thursday, November 06, 2025

The Bridge

 THE BRIDGE

While we lived there us kids would go out north of Hartford to the mill pond and go swimming at the bridge.  We would ride our bicycles out to the bridge and ride them off the end of the dock into the water.  After we were through swimming we would dive down to the bottom and get our bicycles.  I could dive off the cross bars of the bridge about 15 feet from the water but some of the older kids (I was about 10 or 11 years old) could dive off the top of the bridge about 30 feet to the water. The current was so strong and I was so small I couldn’t swim up stream so I would swim down stream until got to shore and would walk back up the road to the bridge.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.