Monday, November 17, 2025

Stuck on the Barn Roof

 STUCK ON THE BARN ROOF 

This story is about the time I got stuck on the barn roof.  I was about 12 or so and we lived on the Straight place.  We had a silo next to the barn so I climbed up the silo and put a board across to the barn and went across.  That was OK. However, when I went to go back across, the board would always slip to the point it would fall off. Soooo... 

I sat on the barn roof for a long time trying to figure out how I was going to get back across.  I was home all alone.  I knew that when Mother got home she would be mad and hysterical. And she couldn't climb up the silo to help, so I figured she would call the fire department.  

Well, I decided that I would go across this time even if I fall.  Smart, huh? As you know, I did not fall and all was well. I never told Mother of this adventure until after I had been married several years. Even then, she got pretty huffy about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.