HUNTING DOG
We had a good hunting dog but he was kind of unusual because when he was hunting alone and was on the other side of the railroad tracks and a train was coming he would head for home. One time he didn’t make it and was killed by the train.
I remember the time that mother and I went to town to get some feed for our cow at Makilies Coal and Feed Store, we took our little dog Boots with us. Later that evening we noticed that Boots was nowhere to be found so we decided we would go down to the feed store and look for her. As we stopped the car, dad called for her and here she came running. I sure was glad to see her. We went from there to Bangor because Uncle George was dying.
We had an old Willys car. I remember that in the center of the steering wheel was a button about 2” around, and if you pushed it the horn would blow, if you turned it the head lights would come on, and if you pulled out on it the car started.



No comments:
Post a Comment
You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.