Tuesday, November 18, 2025

Carette House

 CARETTE HOUSE

We lived in the Carette house on the east side of Hartford when I was 12,13, and 14 years old. This was the first house I remember having an inside bath room with a tub. It sure was nice.  When you went upstairs there was a hallway that led to a bedroom but in one wall was a built in twin size bed. This was my bed until my brother Bernarde got married and I got the bedroom. 

PHOTO: Bernarde and Eileen Thomas

This place had a two car garage. It also had an out building where we stored our bats and balls, because we had a big corner lot that all the kids from that end of town played ball on.  It was also used by one of our neighbors to train the dogs that they used at the circus. This was a Hartford Circus act that called themselves “The Happy Harrison Merry Makers” and were literally a dog and pony show.  

PHOTO: Richard Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.