School Teachers
My kindergarten teacher was Pearl Cleveland. She was an older woman and real sweet.
First grade was Jane Palmer. She was young. Other than that I don't remember much about her.
Second grade in Bangor was Jan Gagliardi. She was high strung and probably shouldn't have been teaching little children. That was the only year (half-year) I didn't like school.
In the middle of that school year we moved to Hartford.
Second grade in Hartford was Jane Hussey. She was young and nice.
Third grade -- back in Bangor -- was Jan (or Jane) Hutchinson. Except for her name, I don't remember anything about her at all.
Fourth grade in Bangor was Kathryn Linman. She was older and completely delightful. We stayed in touch and she gave me a graduation gift when I graduated from Hartford high school.
In the middle of that 4th grade we moved back to Hartford.
Fourth grade in Hartford was Jane Vaught. She was the principal's wife.
Fifth grade was Mrs. Hughes (I don't remember her first name). She was a little elderly, and hurt her back and was out for 3 months. Our substitute during that time was Mrs. Buckley (don't remember her first name). She was a music major and we did a Xmas program under her tutelage. I played the page in Good King Wenceslas.
Sixth grade was Lois Righter. She had been my dad's 6th grade teacher 20 years before me.
.jpg)



.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment
You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.