I went to camp twice during my youth. Didn't like it either time. The first time was the summer between 7th and 8th grades (I think). It was the school's idea to send me to Youth Leadership Camp for a week.
PHOTO: Me with all my swag, ready to go to camp.
PHOTO: "Chapel" by the lake (those logs were the "pews")
PHOTO: Not sure who these folks were. Not counselors. Maybe administrators.
PHOTO: Skits in the lunchroom
PHOTO: Camp counselors. These photos have been sitting in a box with a rubber band wrapped around them for almost 60 years. Can you tell?
PHOTO: The girl on the right (white jacket) was named Scarlett Foote. That seemed like such an unusual name, which is why I remember it.
PHOTO: More skits in the lunchroom
PHOTO: Singing around the piano
PHOTO: This girl always cried when we sang Edelweiss. (From the movie, The Sound of Music. It was a very touching scene in the movie, when the VonTrapp family gave their last performance before escaping Germany during the Nazi invasion.)
PHOTO: One of the camp counselors. I think he was the one in charge of the "Polar Bear Club" -- those brave souls who woke up early every morning to take a dip in the lake before breakfast. I can't believe I did that.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.