Scarlet Fever
When I was in 3rd grade I had scarlet fever. I had to stay in the house for 3 weeks. I remember my mother and the doctor were much more concerned about it than I was. And I don’t remember feeling very seriously ill, except for a sore throat.
The main thing I remember about it was that our apple trees blossomed while I was sick. We had two apple trees in our yard, and I wanted to climb them when they were in bloom. It seemed that it would be like sitting in the middle of a popcorn ball. I remember standing at the kitchen door and looking out the window at the trees and feeling sad because I couldn’t climb them. By the time I was well enough to leave the house, the blossoms were gone off the trees.
This picture shows where the kitchen door was (behind me in the photo). This was taken at Christmas. I had scarlet fever in the early spring -- April or May.

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.