I spent a few years in the 1980s doing counted cross-stitch. It was an inexpensive way to make nice gifts for special occasions. These are small segments cropped from larger photographs, so they are not very good resolution.
I made this one to hang in the boys' bedroom when they were learning their alphabet.
This one is the family tree -- starting with my grandma Burford and going back a few generations.
I gave this one to Mom and Dad. They hung it by the door in the living room of their house in Downey, California.
This was a gift for Grandma and Papa Burford for their 50th wedding anniversary.
This one was for my brother John when he married Billie Jo.
Also for John and Billie Jo.
This was for my parents' anniversary
I made this one for my dad because he loved hunting.
For my friend Dawn Willard. Our children grew up together.
These are two of many that I made during my "love/heart" period.
There are lots more, but I guess I'll stop here.
I would love to start cross-stitching again, but I don't think my failing eyesight could take it.











No comments:
Post a Comment
You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.