Kindergarten
I remember those shoes. They were called "pixie boots" and I think they were suede. I loved them! Most of the time, though, I wore saddle oxfords.
Kindergarten was half-day. I don't remember if I was in the morning or afternoon class. The main thing I remember about kindergarten was that halfway through the session we had a little snack of cookies or graham crackers and milk, and then we took a short nap on little rag rugs on the floor of the classroom.
(Don't tell me the "good old days" weren't better than the modern world. I feel sorry for children in the rat race of daycare nowadays. Well, that's a rant that probably should be nipped in the bud...)
My brother was in the afternoon class when he started kindergarten. His teacher told my mother that Ricky was very sleepy all afternoon in class. Mom told her that they would have to put him in the morning class because he was used to taking a nap in the afternoons. In fact, no matter where he was or what was going on, at 1:00 he went to sleep. One time mom found him asleep standing up, leaning on a chair. Another time they couldn't find him and were frantically searching the house. When they found him he was in the toybox, fast asleep.
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.