Saturday, September 06, 2025

The Perm

I've told you about my desire to have Shirley Temple hair. There was a point in time when my mother tried to make my wish come true by giving me a home perm.

(That mark on my cheek was a bite mark from my brother. Biting was his weapon of choice.)

Ta da !!!



Curly in the back
Straight in the front



* * *

I'm guessing this picture was some months after that perm. You can see that my hair has barely a little bit of wave near the bottom. The grown-out part is stick straight, my natural hair. Definitely NOT Shirley Temple!  That's my brother Rick and my cousin Cindy in the picture with me.

* * *

That must not have been my first perm, because there's this picture, in which my hair was curly all over, even in the front. I look younger here.
With my cousins Donna Kay Hawley and Cindy Bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.