Friday, September 26, 2025

Road Trip with Cleffie, Wathada, and Oma Dell

Yesterday's post about the PJ party was only one part of a road trip I made with my mother (Wathada), grandmother (Cleffie), and my mother's cousin (Oma Dell). I think this was in 1992. Mom had flown from California where she lived to Michigan where Grandma lived. Then they drove to Arkansas where Oma Dell lived, picked her up and drove to Alabama where I lived. Then we drove back to Michigan. I can't remember the exact logistics of the rest of the trip, but somehow or another we all got back to our respective homes.

Here are a few pictures from that trip.

Cleffie, Ruby (Oma Dell's mother, Cleffie's sister), Wathada, at Oma Dell's house in Arkansas

Wathada, Oma Dell, and me, at my house


Cleffie and Wathada on the pier, Fairhope, Alabama

Me, Oma Dell, Wathada, at the strawberry festival, Loxley, Alabama

Cleffie at Piney Woods School, somewhere in Mississippi
I don't remember how I found out about this school, but it was my idea to stop there. Here is a link to a Wikipedia article about this historic school:

Cleffie and me, at her apartment in Watervliet, Michigan. 
Looks like we are inspecting our loot from a Walmart shopping expedition.

Memorial Day parade in Hartford, Michigan (my hometown)
Memorial Day in Michigan (end of May) - 44 degrees, 40 mph wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.