Tuesday, September 09, 2025

When I Grow Big

When I Grow Big

One day I asked my mother - "When I grow big and you grow little, will I be your mommy?"

She explained to me that people don't grow smaller, they just grow taller. I guess I must have been under the impression that at some point you reach a peak height and then start heading back toward childhood. I don't know how old I was at the time. Too young to grasp the concept of death, I guess.  

It was some time after this that I looked up at my great aunt Evalee, who was tall, and said in wonderment - "How OLD are you?"

PHOTO L-R: Evalee and her sisters Ruby, Cleffie (my grandmother), Bernice, and Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.