Monday, June 24, 2024

June 24

Shelby Jay Bridges married Beverly Zielke 24 June 1967

Shelby is the son of Bernice Hicks and Jay Bridges.
Bernice was a sister of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford.

*   *   *

Elmer Sidney Baker was born 24 June 1910

Elmer was the husband of Agnes Earle Carter.
Agnes was the daughter of John Martin Carter (brother of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold)

*   *   *

Roger Eugene Thomas died 24 June 2012, age 90

Roger was the son of Melvin Thomas.
Melvin was a brother of my grandfather Bill Thomas.

*   *   *

Avery Bryon 'Bill' Cummings died 24 June 2018, age 93

Bill was a descendant of Nicholas Gibson, through Nicholas' son William. 

Our line of descent is through Nicholas's son James W. Gibson. James was the great-grandfather of my great-grandmother Lora Gibson Burford. 

The reason I am familiar with Bill Cummings is that he was the father of "Captain Hank" Cummings, who has written two books about the Gibson family history. My mother became acquainted with Captain Hank when she was researching her family history.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.