Tuesday, June 18, 2024

June 18

 Emily Jane Stanley was born 18 June 1838.


Emily was the 2nd wife of Smith B. D. Gibson

PHOTO: Front - Smith and Emily Gibson. Back - Asa and Adaline Lucretia Gard Gibson.

Smith Gibson's first wife was Rebecca Ocheltree. I don't have a picture of her.

Smith and Rebecca Gibson had three children - Asa, James Albert, and George. George died in 1855 at age 2. Rebecca also died in 1855. I don't know their cause of death.

Emily and Smith Gibson had a daughter, Mary. She was born in 1862. Mary appears in the 1870 census, age 8. She does not appear in any other census records. It was written in some old Gibson history that Smith Gibson had a daughter who died very young. Most likely this was Mary. There are no other children listed in census records for Smith and Emily Gibson.

Asa Gibson married Adeline Lucretia Gard. They were the parents of my great-grandmother Lora Gibson Burford. 

PHOTO: Lora Gibson Burford, Alexander Oscar Burford, Jr. (my great-grandparents)

Lora and Alexander were the parents of my grandfather Lester Burford. 
He married Cleffie Lorene Hicks, and their first child was my mother -- Wathada.
PHOTO: Lester and Cleffie Burford, Wathada Burford

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.