Saturday, July 01, 2023

On This Day in Family History - July 1

 Twins Josephus and Wesley Purtee were born 01 July 1848

(I'm up to 39 sets of twins now in the family tree!)

Josephus and Wesley Purtee were the sons of  Hiram and Susannah Herdman Purtee. (The Herdmans were related to the Treat branch of the family tree by the marriage of Belle Treat to Ulysses Grant Herdman.)

Photo: Susannah Herdman Purtee (back left), her son George William 'Bill' Purtee, Bill's wife Minerva Barger, children Guy, Archie, Ethel (the first three of their 11 children)

I have a bunch of pictures of various Purtee family members, but I haven't quite figured out yet how they are all related. These were not among the family photos that I got from my parents. These are pictures I got from the FindAGrave website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.