Monday, July 17, 2023

On This Day in Family History - July 17

Ned Jonas Carter died 17 July 1900


Ned Jonas Carter is the patriarch of the Carter branch of our family tree. He was first married to Melinda Emmaline Clingan, and they had six children. (The last two were twins who died at birth, as twins often did back in those days.) His second wife was Jane Evans. She had a son and a daughter from a previous marriage. Ned and Jane had eight children, one of whom was my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter, who married John Henry Arnold. Adaline and Henry Arnold were the parents of five children, one of whom was my great-grandmother Annie.
Annie Arnold married Ulysses Hicks and they had 10 children, one of whom was my grandmother Cleffie.
Cleffie Hicks married Lester Burford. They were the parents of four children, one of whom is my mother Wathada.

Wathada Burford married Red Thomas. They had three children, one of whom was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.