Friday, July 28, 2023

On This Day in Family History - July 27

 Eileen Delores Rice Thomas was born 27 July 1929


I always hesitate to post pictures of living people without asking their permission first. But this lady is very special to me and I want to honor her on her 94th birthday.

Eileen is the wife of Bernarde Thomas (my dad's brother). They were married in 1948, and had three sons - Mick, Greg, and Kim.

My childhood and adult life are filled with good memories of time spent with Uncle Bernarde and Aunt Eileen. Here are a few pictures that I'll bet she didn't even know I had...




Fast-forward a few years...

(at my house in Arkansas, 1981, with Christopher)

And here she is on her 90th birthday, with Kim, Mick, and Greg.
(Uncle Bernarde passed away in 1999.)

I can't even begin to guess how many grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren she has now. LOTS!
As the saying goes -- the woods is full of 'em!


Happy birthday, Aunt Eileen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.