Friday, September 29, 2023

On This Day in Family History - September 29

 Lillie May Dunn married Luther Dunnigan 29 September 1916

Photo: Lillie May Dunn

I don't have a picture of Luther Dunnigan, and I can't find his grave or a record of his death. I have Luther and Lillie in the 1920 census, living in Missouri. In the 1950 census Lillie was living in Texas and was listed as a widow. She had no children. I have Luther Dunnigan's military registration card dated 12 February 1918.

Lillie May Dunn was the daughter of Mary Elizabeth Carter and Lewis Calvin 'Luke' Dunn. Mary Elizabeth Carter was a half-sister of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold (Annie Arnold Hicks' mother).
Photo: Mary Elizabeth Carter Dunn

Photo: Mary Elizabeth Carter Dunn and Lillie Dunn

Lillie had 8 siblings - William, Boston, Lewis, Berton, Arthur, Vergie, Ira Otis, and Charles. Charles and Vergie died in childhood. 

Photo: Arthur, Boston, Lewis, and Berton Dunn marked. They were brothers of Lillie May Dunn.

Lillie Dunn died in February 1975, age 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.