Monday, September 18, 2023

On This Day in Family History - September 18

Arvil Franklin Barnett died 18 September 1992 age 86

Arvil was the husband of Ruby Hicks (sister of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford)


Charlotte Viola Sandefur married William Ralph Solomon 18 September 1928. (William Ralph Solomon died in 1930, and Viola never remarried. I don't have a picture of him.) 

Photo: Ruby, Viola, Irene, Cleffie (Ruby, Irene, and Cleffie were sisters; Viola was their cousin)


Gerald Wayne "Jerry" Burford died 18 September 2005 age 66

Jerry was a son of Bernice and Dorothy Burford 

(Bernice was a brother of my grandfather Lester Burford)


Geraldine E Thomas married Leroy Herman Roberts 18 September 1993

Jerry is the daughter of Mel and Alta Thomas. (Mel was a brother to my grandfather Bill Thomas.)


John Edward Garrett died 18 September 2003 age 83

Ed was the husband of Verlie Arnold. (Verlie was one of "Uncle George's girls" -- cousin of my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford)


Ruth Iwana Carter Hodges died 18 September 2012 age 88

Ruth was a daughter of John Martin Carter (brother of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.