Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Richard Thomas Memories

These are excerpts from my book Secret and Resolute. The book is about my dad's side of the family -- the Thomases and Treats and associated families. 

I'm going to start with my dad's stories, because I miss him and it's been quite a while since I read these.

PHOTO: Richard Melvin Thomas

* * *

KEELER

My mother told me when I was few months old we lived in Keeler and my dad would come and get me sometimes and take me with him on the truck he drove for the County. His area was the Keeler township.  Mother said he would change my diaper when I needed it and give me my bottle.  Dad always liked children. 

While living here in Keeler my brother Bernarde said the winter of 1936 that the snow was so deep that he made a tunnel partway from the house to the outside toilet.

-- Richard Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.