HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY
This house was on the west side of Hartford, Michigan about across from where Galati’s Pizza is now. This house only had one bedroom so my father closed in the front porch and that’s where Bernarde and I slept.
I call this place “the house by the cemetery” because it was across from the cemetery. One night I was walking home from a scary movie and when I got at the cemetery gate opening someone said something and I looked and saw two ghosts! But it was two of the Yeats girls with white blouses cutting through the cemetery on their way to town.
One night I was coming home from a movie in the rain on my bicycle and hit a light pole on the corner by the cemetery and almost fell in front of a semi truck. It was a close call.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.