Several years ago I bought a book by Ransom Riggs (who later went on to write the Miss Peregrine series of books) called Talking Pictures. It was a book of random photos he had collected through the years -- from flea markets, estate sales, etc. The focus of the book was not so much on the pictures as on what was written on the backs of the pictures.
So I got to thinking... (don't be scared)... With all the millions of photographs that I have, a lot of them do have some interesting writing on the back -- and sometimes the front -- that might be interesting to someone else besides myself. So I'm going to try to start scanning some of them and posting them here. What do you think?
Here's one for starters --

.jpg)

My Grandmother Burford always wrote on the back of her photos. When I was young we would spend hours going through that box of photos. I inherited that amazing box. My genealogy quest began with those photos, organizing them into family groups and trying to understand how we all fit together on the tree. One of those photos was a baby picture with "Wathada Jewel" on the back. I always wondered about that baby. I was so excited to get to know Wathada and share our love of everything "Burford".
ReplyDeleteI intended to sign my name on the above comment. I am not able to edit on an "anonymous" post. Myra
ReplyDelete