Postcard from Abner Rhoades to Annie Arnold
"When this you see remember me, though many a mile apart we may be"
Abner Rhoades
(Ma Arnold's half sister's son)
Postmarked Alton, Missouri
January 12, 1910
Addressed to Annie Arnold, Caldren, Ark.
Annie Arnold was my great-grandmother. "Ma Arnold" was Annie's mother. So Annie and Abner were first cousins.
This is Abner's mother, Margaret Carter Rhoades "and some of hers"
Aunt Margaret had 17 grandsons. I don't know which ones these are. Comparing other photos, I think the one on the right is Hardy Ford. The other one is probably one of his brothers - John or Herbert. (I don't have any pictures of them.) They would be the sons of Margaret's daughter Rosa.
Abner Rhoades had six sons. I don't know which ones these are.


No comments:
Post a Comment
You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.