Friday, May 29, 2026

Ulys Hicks and Will Anderson

Ulysses Hicks was my great-grandfather.

I don't know who Will Anderson is, or whether or not he is related to us.

This is a postcard he sent to my great-grandmother, Annie Arnold, before they were married. It's postmarked 1909.


"I promised this to someone. Was it you?"

Addressed to -
Miss B. A. Arnold
Caldren, Ark.
(Annie's full name was Bertha Ann)

I can't tell where the December 13 postmark is from.
The second postmark was Dec 15, 1909 
Caldren, Arkansas

I don't know who wrote the notes in blue ink on the back of the card. Probably Cleffie (Ulys and Annie's daughter, my grandmother)


This is Ulys and Annie when they were young.

This is what they looked like when I knew them.

1 comment:

  1. I did meet Annie, but not the respected and loved Preacher, Ulysses Hicks. Cleffie and her other siblings and grandchildren were so proud of him. I'll meet him in Heaven! XO

    ReplyDelete

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.