A few pictures from Mom and Dad and Cleffie and Elmer visiting cemeteries in Arkansas while working on the family histories.
Cleffie taking a picture of Lora and Alexander Burford's grave at Evergreen Cemetery in Judsonia.
This is Pine Grove cemetery in Floral, Arkansas, where most of our folks are buried. I don't know the man on the left talking to Elmer in the background. That's Red in the hat, and Cleffie bending over a stone. The little stone in front center is Ulys & Annie Hicks' first baby who died at birth. Ulys carved the stone by hand.
This is either Pine Grove or Providence cemetery. Both have a rock-walled church. I'm pretty sure this is the back of the building, so I don't know which one it is. Providence is near Judsonia, Pine Grove is about 40 miles north, up in the hills in Floral. I don't know who the man is in this picture.
Elmer and Red
Red and Elmer and Cleffie. I don't know which cemetery this is.
This cemetery is in Hunter, Arkansas, where most of the Burfords are buried. That's Mom standing under the sign. Hunter is about 50 miles southeast of Judsonia.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.