Friday, July 30, 2021

July 30

 MEMORIAL...

Edward Gus Heinze 1923-2004


Ed Heinze was the husband of Ruth Till. Ruth was the daughter of my grandmother's (Christie Treat Thomas) sister Madge Treat Till. I don't have a lot of memories of Ruth and Ed Heinze, although I did know them and they lived nearby. When I was a child, theirs was one of those one-word names that families tend to develop -- "Ruthaneddie" -- (or is it just me?)

Ruth and Ed Heinze had two children:
Edward Gus II ("Little Eddie"), and Rita Rae.

Photo: Rita Heinze Butler and her daughter Lori Butler.

Photo: Lori Butler and husband Jason Miller

I don't have any pictures of little Eddie except a group photo that was taken on John and Mabel Treat's 25th wedding anniversary.
In this photo, little Eddie is 4th from left, being held by Ruth's father Leonard Till. Ruth is holding Rita, and Ed is standing behind her. Ruth's mother, Madge, is on the far left.

Here's a photo of Ed Heinze's obituary:


No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.