Friday, July 09, 2021

July 09

MEMORIAL...

Sylvia Vernell Hicks Leatherwood  1925-2007


Vernell was my great-aunt, sister to my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford. 
Photo: Cleffie and Vernell

She married Ray Leatherwood and they had 3 children, Carl Ray, Velda, and Mary Gail.
Photos: Ray and Vernell family

11 days old / Cleffie, Evalee, Irene holding Vernell

Vernell, Evalee, Elvin / Olan, Lowell, Vernell

Vernell and Evalee

I actually have a lot more pictures of Vernell than I thought I did, but this one is my all-time favorite:
Photo: Cleffie, Elvin, Evalee, Vernell

This is my favorite photo because Vernell seems to be saying -- "Posing for pictures? Ain't nobody got time for that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.