Monday, July 12, 2021

July 12

 MEMORIAL...

Sarah 'Sally' Davis Parker 1814-1871

Sarah Davis Parker was my grandmother's grandmother.
She married Moses Joseph Parker, Sr.

They were the parents of Moses Joseph Parker, Jr., who married Celia Campbell.
They were the parents of my great-grandmother, Massie Parker, who married Marcus Treat.
Massie and Marcus were the parents of my grandmother, Christie Treat Thomas.
Here's a photo of Massie and Christie and my dad (Richard) and me in 1955.

And finally, here is a photo of Davis Cemetery in Latham, Ohio, where Sarah and Moses Parker, Sr. are buried. It is apparently neglected. (I wonder if this is also where they buried Massie and Marcus' first child, Audrey, who died when she was one year old. I haven't been able to find any records of her burial. Massie's parents would have still been living at the time, so I wonder if she was buried with her grandparents.) 














No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.