SUMMER AT THE SADDLE CAMP
The first day after we unloaded all the horses two other boys and I decided to go for a ride. I picked this Texas pony because he was wild and needed to be ridden to settle him down so we could use him with other people. We went down the road a mile or so and stopped to adjust the saddles, but when I went to get back on the pony started turning around and around. Finally he got away from me and he went back to the stable without me. When I got back to the stable I sure was embarrassed. I had lost my horse the first day on the job. I got back on him and just he and I went for a long hard ride. When we got back to the stable he sure was tired and was not acting wild any more.
There were a lot of summer camps for both girls and boys near Paw Paw lake that came over to ride, so I got to meet a lot of nice girls. Needless to say, this sure was a fun summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.