Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Christie's Diary

 

27 Feb 

Mell & Alta & Effie were here for supper 27 February talked with her her once in 2 wks time

* * *

Effie was my grandfather's sister.
PHOTO: Bill Thomas and Effie Thomas Wieland

Aunt Effie lived in Bangor when I was a young child. (We lived in Bangor at that time, also.) Her house was on my way to school, and sometimes she would invite me to stop at her house after school or come to visit her on the weekend. We played Parcheesi and I remember having fresh peaches with cream at least once at her house. She had a box full of wooden blocks that I liked to play with. Aunt Effie and Uncle Harry never had children of their own, but they raised a nephew -- Allan Miller -- whose mother died shortly after his birth. (Allan was already grown and gone by the time I came along.) I don't remember Uncle Harry. I think he died before I was born.

PHOTO: Aunt Effie holding me. 1955

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.