Monday, May 16, 2022

Family History Miscellaneous album, page 36


I'm not sure, but I think this is my grandmother Cleffie Hicks Burford. . Don't know who the kid is -- maybe one of Irene's? It was a family picnic of some kind -- I have another picture I think was taken on the same day
This one says "Picnic at Ruby's"
I don't know if Jack and Ruby lived in Missouri or Michigan at the time this was taken. Doc and Irene are in the photo, Sylvia and Delbert, Lester and Cleffie... the rest of the people in the picture are mostly children of those couples. I recognize Oma Dell, Wathada (maybe?) and her brothers, and Garland Dye. Not sure who all the rest are.

Ollie Carter (left) and Norman Smith
Here's a note I have from Glynda about Ollie Carter:
Ollie was shot and killed at a party on Christmas night at the home of Kenneth Martin. A man by the name of Martin shot him. The reason, because he would not remove his hands from his pockets. Ollie was 19 years old and about to be married.

George Arnold and his second wife Eula Mae, with their children (in order of birth) Clora Mae, Bud, Ruby, Delena, and Bertha Lee

Tom Williams
Tom was the son of Uncle Albert and Aunt Tot. Aunt Tot (Charlotte) was the sister of my great-grandfather Ulysses Hicks.

Marlie Arnold
youngest brother of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks

George and Nannie (Nancy) Hicks Sandefur. Not sure who the children are. I believe the girl is their granddaughter Nora. She didn't have any siblings, so I'm not sure who the boy would be. Nancy Hicks was the sister of Ulysses Hicks.

Annie Arnold Hicks
my great-grandmother

Wilma Arnold and Agnes Carter
Agnes was Wilma's aunt, but they were near the same age. Wilma was one of "Uncle George's girls" (George Ned Arnold, brother of Annie Arnold Hicks)


Velda and Carl Ray Leatherwood
children of Vernell Hicks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.