Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Family history miscellaneous album, page 11

 


Doyle Arnold, son of Marlie and Birdie (he died at age 9 from a broken arm that developed gangrene)

Martha Rhoades, daughter of Margaret Carter Rhoades (sister of my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold)

Etta Arnold Jackson and one of her children (sister of my great-grandmother Annie Arnold Hicks)

Uncle George's girls (George Ned Arnold, brother of Annie Hicks), Arbie, Wilma, Mildred, Opie, Obie, Verlie, Joan (These were with his first wife Jessie, he had 4 more girls and a boy with second wife Eula Mae. His first child with Jessie was a boy, who died at age 7 from typhoid fever.)

Gerald Bailey Hayes (son of  Arbie Arnold Hayes)

Matilda Carter and husband Thomas Ewing Cartee (Matilda was a sister to my great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold)

 
Margaret Rhoades and 'some of hers' (I don't know if those boys are her sons or her grandsons. I think they might be sons of  her son Abner Rhoades. He had six sons, so there's no telling which ones these may be.)

Abner Rhoades. I don't know if he is on the left or the right. (Pretty sure he's not the one in the middle.) Abner was the son of Margaret Carter Rhoades.

My great-great-grandmother Adaline Carter Arnold.

There's a story that goes with this picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can sign your name to your 'anonymous' comment if you want me to know who you are.